Tuesday, June 3, 2008
We're home from Wyoming and completely exhausted! We had alot of fun adventures and new experiences! I overpacked. It turned out that we didn't need any summer clothes! I was freezing and had to borrow my sister's ski coat while we were there. I only brought two warm outfits for the kids so we did laundy frequently. On the way to Ten Sleep, we stopped on a mountain on the south side of the ranch and actually played in the snow! The ranch had a week's worth of rain before we got there so there was alot of muck to wade through but the kids thought it was heaven. They created a mud slide one night where we were having a cookout and their clothes are still stained red. They rode horses in the rain and tramped all over little creeks and fields enjoying their freedom. Ashlynn enjoyed it a little too much because Tom (my bro-in-law) and I found her in the field with one of the bulls and had to explain that she wandered too far and should never cross the cattle guard! Then we went to Riverton to my sister's house and took day trips to Sinks Canyon in Lander and Thermopolis. On the way back to Denver (we flew in and out of Denver and rented a car to go into Wyoming) we stopped by Sixth Crossing and the kids tried out the pioneer handcarts. We had tons of fun, but are so happy to be back home with Derek!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Boy! I wish I had been on your vacation! That sounds asolutely terrific! Mountains, horses, flowers, ladybugs, coat weather, hot springs swimming. It might be too dull at our house. We better get our pool fixed. However we have run into a glitch. New liners cost about $7oo. That's a little more than we had imagined. We'll figure out something. Erin thank you for the flower seeds. I hope to find a good place for planting them. Might have to be a flower pot for a while!
Post a Comment