Thursday, June 5, 2008

Elephants on the loose.......... in Wakeeney!!!!!

I thought since we had some members of the family in Wakeeney, Kansas earlier this week that it would be fun to post this. There is a circus in town in Wakeeney and just a few hours ago a storm went through the town and caused the main tent to be blown down. Well, that spooked the elephants and they got loose and were seen running down the street!!! Hence the title of this about elephants on the loose. Hope you enjoy the laugh!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked up your story and learned that Snyder (the elephant in question) was buried--his bones, at least--in Wakeeney. How's that for a small-town claim to fame!

Ami said...

Was he eaten by something while running down main street!? I didn't realize taking a stroll was so fatal.

Andrew said...

I didn't know about Snyder, just the two elephants that got loose from the circus at the fair grounds.

Mom said...

Such fun timing of events with Chris and the escaping elephants!
Thanks for sharing.

Christopher said...

I didn't do it! It didn't happen on my watch!
How ironic though--we got a good laugh!
Quite a storm went through the night we were there--Tuesday the 3rd.