Shar and I took our little brood (okay, maybe not so little) to the fair last night. We did the typical petting zoo, the 'Make it--Take it' craft at the 'Just for kids' building and then hit the rides. Unknowingly we had chosen 'Buddie Night'--one kid pays, the other is free (had I known, we probably would have bought a little less ride coupons...). So, we would give two boys each 3 coupons to ride a certain ride and one would come back with his coupons still in hand. Inevitably, this meant we had to spend more time on the rides and less time looking around--especially since we had chosen that night to go to the fair because of who was performing: Night Ranger
Any of you remember them? Well, I'll have to post some of the video I took at a later date, but here's a list of songs they are known for: "Don't tell me you love me", "When you close your eyes", "Four in the morning","Sing me away", "Sentimental Street", "Rock in America", "Goodbye" and (Derek, Brenda, Erin--you better know this one!) "Sister Christian". If you still cannot recall them, there's plenty of their music videos on YouTube.
Their music was loud (of course, they were one of those many hard rock bands of the 80s!) but good and the boys thought it was a pretty fun concert (and the band kept it family friendly! Hooray!).
Unfortunately, as I said before, we did not get much of the exhibits viewed this year as a result of the rides and concert. We did have a lot of fun though.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like fun! When I was little my brother and I used to sing "Sister Christensen" to my mom. That music brings back memories!
luckies - caleb
And did you know: This song was written by the drummer/lead singer Kelly Keaghy? It was written about his sister Christy--though the band thought he was saying "Christian"--at the time of her graduation from high school. The message: it's okay to wait, don't let the boys pressure you into anything. Great song/message from a very good band.
Post a Comment