Saturday, June 28, 2008

Company Party



Your mother and I went to the Linde Company Ball at the aquarium in Jenks. I found a tuxedo shirt on line and wore a white sport coat and black slacks.Your mother made a new blouse just for the event and did a super job on it. I was really excited about the party because of getting to see people that I work with dressed up. Your mother got to meet all my "girlfirends" from work plus a lot of the people that I talk about. We had a super dinner seated in the same area as the tropical fish. My intern and beautiful wife sat with us. He grew up in Covington across the creek and knows all the people from around us. We got to dance a bit but the music was too loud and for the younger generation. But it was the older generation dancing. Just not us. I asked for a waltz and I think the DJ had no idea what a waltz was.

5 comments:

Ami said...

Lookin' good you two!!! Mom that's a really nice blouse! And for the record... I like your hair. :o) Lookin' sharp, Dad.

Mom said...

You know, I think I look nice when I leave the mirror in the bathroom ready for church or something fun. But then someone takes a picture and I am reminded very clearly just what the issues are. What's up with my mirror? It does not reflect the same image as the pics do! Anyway we did have a great dinner and it was nice to dress up for a change. "Spiffy" was the word that others at our gala event used to describe your dad. That's what I said when he was all ready to go. Of course, he had the camera in his hand or very nearby all night.

Ami said...

Looks like he got a perfect shot of Nemo's dad. I have the very same mirror problem. Maybe it's a camera problem! Anyway I don't think there's anything wrong with us.

Brenda said...

Of course it's a camera problem! They add weight and shine light on typically our least attractive features. We should all be carrying around our own accent lighting.

Mom said...

Thanks, you two! I needed that.