
I was inspired by this poster. How true is that!? Success is a journey. Today I have been successful in a lot of things. I was successful in brushing my teeth, showering, going to church, eating a large sandwich, avoiding unwanted social interaction... and I have a lot of great plans for my future! I plan to take a nap, watch a movie, finish a burger and take a walk. I may not have my "Five Year Plan" set in stone, but my "Five Hour Plan" is looking pretty good!!!
No cause for alarm, everyone. My life is under control!
4 comments:
I wasn't alarmed, I was thinking "That sounds nice." If you ask me, not that you did, but if you had, I'd say coming up with a five year plan is a waste of the time it took you to come up with it. Life changes too quickly. (Let's talk about me for awhile...j/k) I think we do the best we can with what we have at the moment and at the end of the day, we call it a day. Not very inspiring, huh?! It's all I've got.
I composed a great comment early this morning, but had to leave it before i was finished, and now it is totally gone. Floating around in that thing called the "unknown zone" which pops up before you actually get to the internet. Oh well, I guess you didn't need it anyway. I thought there was supposed to be an automatic save on our bloggings.
It's not even in your head anymore? No comment? No advice? Yours was good, though, Bren.
Okay! Ami, Remember you DID ask this time! I think that the best idea for a five year plan is just a basic outline including your personal limits and guidelines as to what you will do and expect of yourself as related to ethics and personal conduct and general goals of things you would like to accomplish. This leaves room to fill in details concerning various shapes and sizes of time and situations as they come.
Too much detail sets us up for tailspins or nose dives when we come across any change in the wind. All we may need is a little adjustment in altitude or speed to see us safely through. Sometimes it may take a Major adjustment, but it's still going to work out.
Brenda, I think you are right, too. But I would add one more thing at the end of such days--a prayer-- with Thanks to have made it through the day and Hope for help in the coming days.
And then there's my old mantra "Sometimes all you can do is all you can do!" Let it go and move on.
Love you both.
Post a Comment