Okay, so here are our suggestions for names from our FHE activity last night:
Spencer, Daniel, Brandon, Braydon, Samuel, Collin, Thomas. We liked all of them with Wyatt for a middle name or Wyatt could be the first name with some of them. We thought they all sounded strong and dignified with the Bachrach. Dad's personal favorite is Collin Wyatt Bachrach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That was so nice of you to work on that for FHE, but probably I should have given you the formula first. The first name has to have substance and meaning and come from somewhere, like the Bible, church history, etc. It can't be overused (Samuel, Collin) or trendy (Brayden) or shortened to something cheesy (Thomas-Tommy). It also can't be my brother-in-law's name (Daniel). The middle name is a family name. Just as an example, the name I really want is Seth Aaron Bachrach. Seth was Adam and Eve's third son, he was a prophet and a patriarch and was considered to be a perfect man. He was so much like Adam that people said they could only tell them apart by their age. And Aaron is Matt's middle name. Unfortunately for me, Matt says he doesn't like the name Seth. Does this make you not want to help me? I need help, Matt is giving me no legitimate ideas (Johnny Carson, Paco, Bob, Emmanual Lewis...)
Doesn't Mahonri Moriancumr just scream 'Bachrach' to you, Brenda? No? That's too bad.
Hmmm, does Gideon appeal at all? How about Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Simon, Abraham, Levi, Simeon, Gordon (more recent), Noah....
My two favorites are Grant and Asher. I was going to use Grant someday... but you can have it for a small price.
Others: Jordan, Eli, Levi, Corban (means "dedicated to God" in the Bible)
And I really like Seth. :o(
I like Asher too. I don't see myself getting over Seth, so Matt just might have to get used to it. Besides, I fill out the birth certificates! I like Grant also, but my friend's adorable copper headed boy's name is Grant. So I'll let you save it. I like Noah, but just checked it on the Social Sec. Admin. list and it ranks #14, which means it will be way too common. And I like Luke a lot, but not with Bachrach.
If Matt doesn't have any serious contributions, then your's will have to work!! Regardless of how he feels. If he's not willing to put in some serious thought.
Oh, well... I was just using an old literature book from an English class and some names I would have used if we had more boys. Go for Seth Aaron. Matt can call him Aaron or Hey You!
Andrew, I think you're right on the money. I talked to Matt a little while ago and he said he just has too many more important things to think about right now. So as far as I'm concerned, unless Matt comes up with something better, this baby's name is Seth Aaron. Yay for me.
Mom, I really do appreciate your efforts!
Mom, the rest of us can log those away! Heaven knows I don't need girls.
Indeed, Ami! Thus far, the next generation of Blamires has been dominantly male! For my part I actually do not mind...no offense intended, though!
I suspect It isn't that it isn't important to be choosing a name for his offspring. It's just that the deadline for doing so is several months away and Matt has deadlines for other stuff right now. He'll get used to Seth or come up with a great name before the deadline. We've had more discussion on this blog posting than any other. That's fun!
Post a Comment