We have a very blustery "Windsday". Because of that I had to rescue the flag which was trying to get free of its last attachment to the pole and soar off over the roof. It isn't our big flag, just a middle-sized one we put up above the front door so that we could get to it easier and be reminded to bring it in at sundown until such time as I can figure out special lighting for it at night. Then we can leave it up all the time since it is an "all weather" fabric. But now it needs better fasteners.
Other than the flag problem, everything seems to love the day. What's not to love about sunshine and blue sky when everything is green and growing? We have planted some garden stuff in various spaces and containers around the yard---kind of an unorthodox gardening plan.
Yesterday the flower bed around the deck was refurbished for the summer with intermingled pink, purple, and striped petunias. Looks good if I do say so myself. The hedges have had the normal trim after their wild spring growth spurt and look quite civilized.
My Chiropractor treatments seem to be paying off. Today I have had no problem to speak of in my hip. Hurray! Maybe next week I will try running. Maybe. Part of the treatment is a change in my way of walking and sitting. I have to walk slightly "toed-in" and sit in a "W" position with feet out and knees together whenever I am at the computer or in the car or whenever I sit for extended times. No crossing ankles or knees. That's supposed to get my hip joint aligned so that the wear is at a different place where the cartilage is not worn out. There are other exercises and maneuvers too, but those are my main homework assignments. Sound fun?
I have applied and had my background checked to substitute in the Broken Arrow schools. With my hip working better I am ready to launch back into classrooms.
When Andrew was here on April's birthday was the first time he had seen the yard without the big tree in the back. He was surprised at the emptiness even though he had seen the damaged tree at Christmas. His comment was: " It's not the yard I grew up in." He's right, but we are working to make it the yard we can all still enjoy. Our new gathering areas are under the pine trees on the north and around the new chiminea under the oak on the south. The iris (what's the plural) over there have been really pretty with the extra sun through thinned shade. So there are some benefits to be discovered from the December disaster. There usually is some good after a storm.
How long are blog posts allowed to be?
Later. Love to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Even if there hadn't been any changes due to the storm, it still wouldn't of been the yard I grew up in. Things change over time and definitely the yard had. Although, that tree will be greatly missed!!!
As I live and breathe! Is that Andrew commenting?! Welcome little brother.
Post a Comment