Sunday, May 2, 2010

SOUND OF SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE, NO SMOKING ON THE FLIGHT LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since no one posted about their airshow on Saturday, April 24, 2010. I will post about my airshow on Saturday, May 1, 2010.


Gates opened at 9 AM but I got there by 8:30 AM but didn't get through the gates til almost 10 AM. The Airshow didn't start until Noon, so my first two hours, I took in the Groundshow. Here are some pics from the groundshow (There are some here for Dad and others for Chris and anyone else that wants to claim one or two :) ) :









Well, those of you that attended the Airshow last week had the Rocket Planes, well, I got the Blue Angels! This is the first time I recall actually seeing them, but I could be wrong. Unfortunately, I can only put one clip on here and every attempt to combine my clips is deleting the sound from all the clips except the first one. So I chose to this clip of the Blue Angels doing a pass by the crowd.





If you catch me with my laptop, you can see the other video clips with the first one being Angel 1 stepped off on cue to the theme song from "Top Gun," but for now you will have to imagine it.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

Very cool Andrew! Thanks for sharing the pics... To tell you the truth I forgot that there was going to be a airshow in Kansas City. I heard their was an ground breaking or open house or something to that effect about a Kansas City Temple. Do you have any photos of that?

Andrew said...

The groundbreaking is next Saturday and I do plan on getting pics at the site while I'm there.

I didn't know there was an airshow this week up in St Joseph, MO. I found out on Tuesday or Wednesday and decided that I was going. :)

Mom said...

Thanks Andrew. I just like my air shows in small doses and without the traffic drama. Less sunshine for me. If I could just go to the show and sit under a nice shade tree and sip cold lemon water for an hour and a half while all those beautiful planes did their amazing performances, I would LOVE it!

Mom said...

Oh,....and the SOUNDS truly are fantastic!