This morning with temperatures only in the mid 40's and a blustery wind, over a thousand people gathered, including mayors, Missouri Congressman, our recently sustained Area President, Elder Donald D. Deshler, and the Senior President of the Presidency of the Seventy, Elder Ronald A. Rasband, not counting the members of the church gathered in thirty meetinghouses around the area. (Oh! I can't believe that I forgot to mention the newly baptized Marine Corporal, who has earned and been awarded a purple heart, and was on temporary leave.)
The meeting actually started almost ten minutes early, but an hour later it was concluded with many shovel turns of dirt.
Here are a couple of shots of how it looks now:


Here is an artist's rendition of what, in two years time, we will gather together again to dedicate:

This is a four story setup of the temple for the Kansas City Missouri Area, serving 11 stakes, 8 in Missouri, 3 in Kansas. In that area, it will serve over 40, 500 members.
I plan on going once a month to get updated photos on the progress! :)
3 comments:
Thanks Andrew!! What a great event for a countdown! The monthly recon will be interesting to see. Glad you were able to be there. Years from now when your children and grandchildren are getting married there you will be able to say,"I was here the day they lifted the shovelful of dirt." (Not counting all the dirt that was moved by heavy equipment before that.)
Very cool! :) I especially like the part about the Marine Corporal. It looks like it is going to be a wonderful sight to see.
Jeremy, what I didn't tell you was that by Elder Rasband, the Marine was asked to come up with the mayors and turn a shovel of dirt!!! I thought that added to the part.
Post a Comment