I'm sure we all have lots to be grateful for! Jeremy and I had a lot of fun last weekend. It was crazy - but it was fun!
We left Coweta around 5:30 Friday afternoon. The drive was very smooth with only one stop to help someone with a flat tire. Unfortunately, they also had custom wheels so no one had the right tools. We arrived in OKC around 7:30 and headed towards our hotel. Unfortunately, I missed a very small but very critical line in the directions - continue on I-44. So we spent about an hour trying to navigate the OKC highways in an attempt to find the right exit. We even stopped for directions twice! Both times were Jeremy's idea (of course). We finally saw our hotel only to realize that we missed the turn off and the road was dumping us back on another highway. After about 20 more minutes we finally made it! We ate at Olive Garden, took our desert with us, and had a wonderful evening!
The Temple was wonderful! It had been a couple months since we had been back and we both needed it. Before the session started I had a country song stuck in my. I tried to think of something else but then I realized it was the perfect song for where I was... "I loved her first and I held her first. And a place in my heart will always be hers. From the first breath she breathed, When she first smiled at me, I knew the love of a father runs deep." How true that is! And I was singing that song in my head throughout the session. So wonderful!
Well I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving! I love you all!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And just to let everyone know. April and I kept our cool and focused on getting to that hotel without getting angry or frustrated with each other. We were the perfect team. Well almost perfect team anyways... Hope everyone had a very Happy Thanksgiving. I did! I love this family and I love spending time with you all.
We're glad you're part of the family, too! Derek and I frequently talk about what a neat guy you are. Glad you guys had fun! I didn't realize OKC had so many freeways! You should go to Bricktown next time you're there. That's my old stomping grounds. I heard its really cool now- lots of improvements-gondola ride, etc.
Give me Tulsa over OKC everytime. OKC is complete chaos as far as the highways and streets go. I do however miss Norman--but not OKC.
Thanksgiving was great. We had all the local family plus Sister Hopcia and the Logsdons and the results were memorable. Dinner was the typically delicious Thanksgiving turkey/ham dinner with yams done two different ways (both delicious!), great stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy...hungry yet? Me too.
Plenty of pies, too. Pecan, pumpkin, pineapple, apple...my favs were the pecan and apple.
I am so very greatful for you all and hope you had as wonderful a Thanksgiving holiday as I did.
Post a Comment