Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mountain Trails and Family, too...






Your mother (Nancy) has been after me to get something posted on her trip. Did I say that? It was really our trip cause I did have a good time too.

We had an evening flight to SLC and when we got off the plane I noticed an attractive female pilot in heels and commented to your mother that I wonder if she takes them off to fly. After we passed her I came up short; attractive, dark complected, female pilot for Sky West in SLC! It was Violette Kiel but too late for me to catch her. Hans Keil later confirmed it was her.
Your mother (Nancy) took early morning walks with me in the cool air - up to 2 miles in length. On the first day she also took the Limber Pine trail which is 1.4 miles. I was very please. It's great having my hiking partner back. By the way, the Limber Pines are very old trees (abt 500 years)( that's in people age) that are very gnarled as you can see above.

We spent an evening in the Logan Temple with Nancy's Mom. I went to Ogden to spend a day in Hill AFB air museum. They keep adding to it so there's always more to see. Plus the planes inside are so polished that they all look new. Lynn met me for lunch.

Saturday was spent going to the Fluckiger reunion in Thayne, Wyoming where we got to see Nancy's remaining aunts and uncles on the Fluckiger side. Also a lot of cousins and their kids and grandkids. Quite a large gathering. Going to and from we had to stop in Soda Springs so Nancy's Dad could negotiate for a new car. The Lucerne is almost 2 years old and has over 2,000 miles on it now so it must be time!

Sunday after church we went to Logan and visited Carol and Don and Lynn and Gayle. There was also a family there, Doug and Theo Judson, who joined the church in our ward in the late 70's and moved away.

Monday I spent hiking up Logan Canyon; a very steep trail but with gorgeous views of the canyon. It was very cool and had a varied landscape to traverse. Also went over the pass to Bear Lake to look around and get a raspberry shake. I flew home on Tuesday so I could save some vacation for later adventures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have been on those hikes. The trees are great!