Jeremy's latest post made me think of our Bishop's challenges for 2009:
1. Daily Personal prayers
2. Daily Personal scripture study
3. Daily Family prayers
4. Daily Family scripture study
5. Weekly Family Home Evening
Bishop Kohlbacher reminded us that these things will strengthen us and our families for the challenges ahead. I hadn't realized how lax I had become about each one. I thought we were doing okay in such areas, but quickly noticed how often one (or more) of these good habits gets lost in the business or buzyness of a day or week. We still aren't getting all of them done every day, but I hope we can work harder and have them all in place by Feb. 14. (My personal goal date.) I think if we don't get these in top priority order (is that redundant?), we won't be able to accomplish much else of any significant value with the rest of our time and energy. Maybe we could reward ourselves with dinner out or some fun family outing when we get to a certain level of achievement. So "Onward and Upword!" Success to us all! Love you all "Treemendously"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thats a great goal Nancy. April and I have been doing good with the Bishop's challenge. But we could do better. Like what I've heard so many times. Make our good better and our better best!
Post a Comment