On New Years day April and I drove half way to the Oklahoma City Temple and found out that they were closed for the holiday. We were still glad that we went for the drive. It was a beautiful day and the Spirit was with us as we enjoyed good music, talks given by the First Presidency, Relief Society Leaders and messages that April read from the Ensign. We both really enjoyed the many wonderful messages that April read out loud. After finding out that the Temple was closed we decided to go on Saturday instead. It was another wonderful drive filled with love, thankful thoughts, and many laughs. It was the first time for me to do this work for someone else and the first time we had been back since I received my endowments in November. After the session we then attended a sealing of a family. There was so much love felt in that room. On the way back home I forgot that we only had a quarter tank of gas left when we had arrived at Temple. We had nearly ran out of gas when April had glanced over and pointed it out. April said a short pray and we traveled about 17 miles and found a gas station.
When we arrived home April made some "yummy" country fried steak. Then I went over to the Roberts's home and picked up the Missionaries. They shared a lesson with the Johnson family and then we made a few more stops around the area. They asked if it was all right to share a lesson with April and me. After letting April know we were on our way. I found out that I have a Neighbor who is interested in the Restored Gospel. We arrive to my Neighborhood and then my car broke down 50 yards from my home. They helped me push it next to my driveway. We all smelt a strong odor of fuel comeing from under neith the the car. I climmed under the car and reconnected a fuel line that had popped off the fuel filter. Then the Missionaries shared a lession about the 6 things that would help us keep a strong faith. It's found in 2 Nephi Chapter 5. They are Family "verse 6", keeping the commandments "verse 10", reading the scriptures "verse 12", work "verse 15", going to the Temple "verse 16" and the preisthood "verse 26". It was a real blessing haveing them over and I look forward to the next time I can go out with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great way to start the new year. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment