Sunday, September 14, 2008

SBLASH

WHAT DO YOU NO ABOUT BATS?! LOGAN

7 comments:

Christopher said...

THE WORLD'S LARGEST BAT IS THE FLYING FOX BAT!!! A.J.

April Dawn said...

From Jeremy: GUANO OR BAT DROPPING ARE USED TO MAKE SOME OF TODAYS LIPSTICK AND YET SOME GIRLS STILL PUT IT ON. LOL

Brenda said...

I've heard there are bat droppings in mascara.

Ami said...

Wait!!! Brenda took mine! Um...they use echolocation to keep from running into stalagtites and such whilst flying in their caves. Also, some bats eat fruit while others prefer to drink blood (from horses perhaps...don't worry, they have lots.)

It is fabled that vampires take the form of bats in order to be stealthy... and possibly for economic efficiency in travel.

Bats are nocturnal mammals that prefer to sleep upside down. Many have elongated pig-like noses and broad ears (ideal for hearing...obviously.)

Bruce Wayne was afraid of bats (chiroptophobic) as a child...which led to his choosing of the bat for his iconic crime-fighting counterpart, Batman. Unlike other superheroes, Batman had no super powers beyond his ingenious wit and technological assistance.

There is much to be learned about bats, but this much I know...
Bats rock this world!...mostly at night.

Christopher said...

I know I find them fascinating. I know the fruit bats at the zoo like bananas and cantalope--just like me! Hmmm...maybe I am part bat?! Nah.

Erin said...

Well Jeremy, if April wears lipstick then you are kissing bat guano. Is that worse than wearing it?

Mom said...

So Ami, when did you become a wickipedia on bats? Impressive. Logan, you stirred an interesting interchange on the subjects. We should do this more often---on other subjects.