Wednesday, June 18, 2008
In a Predicament
A couple of days ago I asked Matt if he liked a particular name. He said he'd sleep on it. So the next day I asked what he had decided. He says that he has decided that I am in charge of naming the baby and I can name him whatever I want. He says he doesn't feel drawn to any particular name and that it's completely up to me. Sounds great, huh? Actually what he intended to simplify things is causing me a great deal of stress. Here's my predicament: Do I name the baby what I have felt strongly is his name ever since we found out he's a boy, even though Matt doesn't really like it, or do I keep thinking, hoping to come up with something new we'll both like? (Matt compares the situation to us moving to LA. He understands that I don't like LA [hate it, actually], but we'll probably be moving there anyway.) Thoughts, anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow! Tough one. You still have time until the day, so you can still think on it. Nothing says you have to decide today.
Matt does have a point! Of course, he can always call him whatever he wants... Like "Larry" or "BillyBob". I think only 50% of the people I know go by the name they were actually given.
I suspect Matt just wants one less thing to worry about, and this is one he can get out of. You mentioned a New York film school way back when you started talking about it. Deanne thinks you will like NYC much better than LA. I think one of the Bulleigh girls is in NY somewhere. It would be cold sometime tho.
Hold that thought. Leave an opening for "revelation" but consider that Matt's concession does give permission (even tho by abdication) for the name you already have. How's that for wisdom? (Well big words anyway.)
Love you
The old adadge (how do you spell that?) "Silence is an Agreement" comes to mind. Then again, so does "win-win". Matt gets to move us all to LA and I get to name the baby what I want. Now I'm thinking "Why ask why". I should stop over-analyzing and seize the opportunity in front of me, huh?
Talk him into going to the school in NY. Yeah, it gets cold, but you can always put more on!!
If we went to the school in NYC we'd be living in a high rise apartment building--not really where I want to be with 3 kids and a dog. At least in LA we'd have a house, even if it is 80 years old and tiny.
Post a Comment