Well, I didn't make it to Seattle but I definitely had an eventful weekend!
Saturday morning was the Legacy Flight Museum's Flag/Father's Day air show here in town. I had a rough time convincing anyone to go with me, but my bishop and his family were going, so I opted to meet them there. Naturally, it's the biggest (non-BYUI related) event of the year for the town, so the place was pretty full and I never found them. I did, however, manage to find a fellow stud
ent that is my former roommate's cousin's ex husband, and my more recently former roommate's ex boyfriend. (PS- he's currently engaged. whew.) Anyway, it was a familiar face and he and his buddy (who is in the same flight program as Dave down at UVU) had a nice little spot right front and center to the airstrip and very close to the podium. It was nice to be able to hear the announcer since Dad wasn't there to tell me everything. Needless to say, I've learned a lot and you would all be impressed at my newfound aviary knowledge. When it comes to WWII flight, that is.
ent that is my former roommate's cousin's ex husband, and my more recently former roommate's ex boyfriend. (PS- he's currently engaged. whew.) Anyway, it was a familiar face and he and his buddy (who is in the same flight program as Dave down at UVU) had a nice little spot right front and center to the airstrip and very close to the podium. It was nice to be able to hear the announcer since Dad wasn't there to tell me everything. Needless to say, I've learned a lot and you would all be impressed at my newfound aviary knowledge. When it comes to WWII flight, that is.Speaking of which, I have to say that my favorite plane was the Beechcraft Staggerwing (above). Pretty little plane and very aerodynamic for it's day. The Jelly Belly plane (which Dad might remember from the museum) was extremely impressive as it landed on top of a pick-up truck, then took off again after hitching a ride down the runway. As a tribute to Flag Day, the Skyraiders flew in the Missing Man formation at the end of the show. Wonderful time.
It was, however, very bright and very hot! Luckily, one of my roommates showed up (about 45 min before the end) with some sunscreen. The SPF 8 did wonders for protecting my roasting flesh... let me tell you.
We forwent (what is the past tense of forgo?) the trip to Jackson Hole seeing as how I was lightly toasted and extremely exhausted and took naps and cleaned. (Ironically, everyone else took naps while I cleaned...) By the evening we were amped for the Jefferson County Rodeo in Rigby. My roommate came with me, and although she didn't understand the point of rodeo royalty or "breakaway roping", we had a good time. Most events only had one or two actual qualifying times, but the environment was nice. Apparently I "talked different" by the time it was over. :o) I guess I'm an Okie.
Anyway, that was my day yesterday! Aside from really missing Dad for the first half, and really missing Mom for the last half, I had an awesome time! Love you all.
7 comments:
That sounds like a really great time!!! I would of enjoyed all that too! Speaking of Air Shows, the Kansas City Air Show is at the end of August. Anyone want to come up for it?
I do!
Doesn't "aviary" mean bird, rather than indicating things pertaining to aviation? I don't know, I'm just asking.
Yes, B-da. You are correct.
That sounds like a great day,Ami! I'm glad you were able to take in some of the local culture before you leave the wild west.
Sounds like FUN! Except the cleaning part.
Uh..duh. I know a lot about birds.
Post a Comment