Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ballad of an Uneventful Friday

I didn't go to school today...that's where it all began.
I stayed up much too late last night, and slept later than planned.

I spilled my Coke on the couch at lunch, but didn't really care.
Just set my glass on the floor and found some dryer pants to wear.

I ate my food and took a drive, then played catch with a friend,
Ran through some sprinklers by myself
...And I was wet again.

Tonight I watched a show with girls...I couldn't find a date.
That's what I get for skipping class. Will I ever graduate?

And here I sit, my pen in hand...accounting for my day.
Fulfilled, I bid you all farewell. It's time I 'hit the hay!'

2 comments:

April Dawn said...

I think that's a good poem!
We all have days like that. You'll graduate very soon!
Lubya!

Mom said...

You're doing just fine! Hang in there. Keep watching and listening for little birds that come along when you least expect them. Love you. The rest of us just can't put those kind of days in entertaining terms.