Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's in a name?

It's time for a name poll.

On the drive back from LA, Matt and I had lots of talk time. I used the opportunity to discuss potential baby names. We've sort of decided on two, but I'm not convinced of the middle name for the girl or the first name for the boy. I thought you guys could weigh in.

Holland Marie for a girl
Ezra Aaron for a boy

Any sincere input is appreciated. I'm pretty set on the girl's first name, but I think Marie is kinda dull (It's Matt's choice). And I think Ezra is so cute, but kinda out there. Ya know? Plus, have you ever heard a more Jewish name than "Ezra Aaron Bachrach". Probably not! Not really a deciding factor, but we're not really Jewish... Taft was my #1 for a boy, but I found out on the drive that Matt doesn't like it at all. Oh well.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Personally, I LIKE "Marie". But there are a lot of possibilities.
Hmmmmm? Ezra Aaron does sound very grownup for a child. What would you call him? "Ezzy"?

Ami said...

There was a boy in my basketball class this last semester named Ezra. It was his middle name, but it's what he went by and it was actually really cute. I think Marie goes nicely with the first name. A name like that doesn't really need anything flashy in the middle. :o)

Erin said...

Love them both. Ezra is adorable. Old fashioned names are "in" right now, anyway. You can never go wrong with a name like Aaron (boy's or girl's). I like Marie too. You need to put your "stamp" on your kids like Matt has!:)

Andrew said...

Hey Sis! I like the choice of girl name..........The boy name works too.