Saturday, April 10, 2010







OK, so I'm over a month late but at least I'm doing it! Our cruise to Mexico wasn't as spectacular as the cruise to Alaska but the price wasn't so high either. It was different going with so many people I knew. There were about 28 from my high school there. The ship wasn't as fantastic but it was nice. We enjoyed seeing the ruins at Chichen Itze and we loved the color of the water at Cozumel. So here are some pictures.

This is what they call the Castle at Chichen Itze. It's the thing you always see when they talk about this place. This is the north face; it and the east face have been restored. The conquerors did their best to destoy the place when they moved in. The people had some smarts about things back then. At 3 PM on the vernal and autumn equinox the sun is in the right position such that it makes it look like a snake is crawling up the side of the north steps. Also they were pretty smart about astronomy and the calendar. There are 91 steps up each side; 4 sides plus the top equals 365. But then they had all the sacrificing?????

I still haven't figured this blog stuff out. I had the first picture in the right place and then I wrote about it and went to put the second in and it messes up both!

Anyway, the Iguana is the guardian of the ruins. We saw a lot of them at the ruins on Cozumel and got pretty close to one too.

The other picture is the ball park. They knew a lot about acoustics too. A person talking at one end could be heard at the other.

The ship at the right is ours. The one on the left is newer, bigger and faster. They left Progreso after us and arrived in Cozumel at the same time.

I had to throw in a picture of me with an Iguana.

Also include a picture from the ship in Cozumel to get an idea of the water color. It was fantastic.

Here is the video from the fan tail to show water color and the sound. It's amazing that such a large ship has no wake.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Thanks for sharing, Dad! Glad you and Mom were able to enjoy yourselves!! :)