Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sparkly!

I thought people might be interested to know that I now have a ring. Yesterday, Jeremy decided to "hang out" with Dad before he came to my house. Then he took me ice skating and to lunch at Red Robin. After playing Mario Kart at my house and after grocery shopping. He took me to Woodward Park and we found the place where his parents had their picture taken. We sat on a bench overlooking the water, and he told me to close my eyes. When I opened them he was on one knee and he was holding a ring. (To make sure I didn't see a ring box sticking out in his pocket, he carried the ring in the cuff of his sock.) He asked me again to marry him. I said yes again, but I realized this morning that I should have apologized and told him I have a previous engagement. :) Then he cooked a candle-light dinner at my house. Anyway, here's the ring:

10 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful! Sounds romantic!

Erin said...

By the way, did I mention that I really like Jeremy? Caleb's happy to have him as an uncle.

Gary L. Blamires said...

Jeremy called me Saturday morning when I was thinking of going out to work.So I stayed in where it was cool instead. He wouldn't sit down and Iasked a couple of times what was on his mind. He said he wanted to start over again and do it right this time. He said he had bought a ring and was going to take April to Woodward park where his parents had courted and propose again. He wanted my permission to marry April. I told him we would be happy to have him Marry her and that the stake president approves too. He couldn't believe I had talked to the stake pres about him!!

Ami said...

Wow! I really like it! Good size, too. :o)

Andrew said...

NICE!!!! So......... How many carats? Just Curious.

April Dawn said...

oddly enough, I didn't ask him. But Dad says 1/2

Ami said...

This the Mom and being a little out of pocket these days, I am way behind in comments to you. I just want to say that I think it's SWELL! And we really do like jeremy a lot! Congratulations and I can't wait to see that ring in person! Love you tons! MOM

Ami said...

This the Mom and being a little out of pocket these days, I am way behind in comments to you. I just want to say that I think it's SWELL! And we really do like jeremy a lot! Congratulations and I can't wait to see that ring in person! Love you tons! MOM

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. Cooking over a candle can be tricky.

Sharlin said...

April's ring is very elegant and the picture captured more shadow than the light that glimmers from it. Jeremy chose well.