Okay, I know it's been a while since you've heard from me -- I just never feel like there's been any momentous occasions. However, I did just get my schedule for next year. They took away my favorite classes (gave them to the science teacher) and gave me 5 geometry classes! Sad. Algebra is so much better than geometry. Oh well! What can ya do?
I had a lot of fun with my car this week! I tried to drive to Curves on Monday, but when I turned the key -- absolute silence! In fact, the only things that did work were the clock, the power locks, and the dome lights. I finally got it towed in to the mechanic Wednesday morning (and I learned how to put my car in neutral even when it won't let me). Turned out my old battery had leaked into the distribution box (who would put something that important under the battery?) and all the wiring had corroded. The part to replace it would have cost $2500 but he is absolutely amazing - he spliced and soddered all the wiring back together for only $300. He's the best!
This weekend Jeremy's brother got married so I got to meet more of his family. They're all very nice people! Sadly, most of them are not members or are inactive. His grandparents and his brother are the only active members besides him. But his mom is very respectful of his standards. He gave his first talk in Church yesterday and did a wonderful job! He even got his mom, sister, and a few friends from work to come and listen! Of course, his brother and grandparents came, too. Last night he asked what my family does for the 4th of July. I just figured he thought that whatever we did would be better than what his family would do. But I just got a message on facebook. He wants mom's and dad's phone number so that he can plan something special for the 4th of July. I'm not sure what to think about that!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hmmmmmm?!
I'll be mad if its something spectacular because we're leaving July 1st!
Aww!! The 4th of July is so magical!
Your not supposed to leave on the 1st!!!! I can't get time off work to come see you guys!
Is something other than fireworks going to be "popped"?! Hahahahaha! What a pun! I am so beside myself--of course, that's exactly what the shrink said! (insert rimshot here)
I certainly am glad I will be there and I will be WATCHING LIKE A HAWK, I promise. ;P
Sorry, Andrew. That didn't occur to us as we scheduled flights. We just did what was cheapest. We'll be there from June 18th through July 1st.
It's okay Erin. I'll make due. I understand about taking the cheapest possible.
Andrew, can you make it for a weekend while we're there?
I don't know. The weekend after you get there, I have a wedding that I'm part of and the following weekend is tough because it's the weekend before the fourth and that is always hard to manage a day off or two.
Andrew, how about just coming down on Saturday of the weekend before the 4th and going back on that monday. I know it makes for a heck of a lot of driving in a short time, but I would even pay for the gas. That would at least give you a short visit with the AZ crew.
Post a Comment