I never would have believed that we lived in "divers places" but after yesterday I'm sure of it. Nancy and I were awakened by what sounded to me like an explosion after 2 AM yesterday. It probably sounded like that because I just got in on the end of it. I thought a house may have blown up, but when I heard no sirens I decided it may have been an earthquake. Nancy recognized it as a quake right off. She says she heard the rumble leading up to it. Turns out to have been a 4.8 Richter quake with epicenter 6 miles NW of Prague, Oklahoma.
After a long day including a temple trip, I turned off the light and rolled over to kiss Nancy and what a kiss!! The heater in our room was cooling down and it sounded like it was surging at first but the rumble got louder until we felt the house shake. For the next few minutes we could feel minor shaking going on. We turned the lights on and went through the house looking for cracked walls and found none. We turned the news back on and they announced that there had just been another quake. It was 5.6 Richter and centered at Sparks, Oklahoma. News had it that andother occured after 3AM but wasn't enough to awaken us or else we were getting used to them. The news today also indicated that there had been about a dozen quakes through the day.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have to say that first quake really scared me. I had just gone back to bed after feeding Elijah and I was just dozing off when I heard a big crash. I looked around and nothing had fallen so I just thought I was hearing things and I closed my eyes. Then the shaking started (I thought Jeremy was having a nightmare until I realized the bed wasn't the only thing shaking) and went on for a minute or two. Jeremy didn't know it, but I snuggled up real close after that!
The Earth quakes caused damage to 2 of our brand new aircraft at work. Apperently this happens fairly often, not in Oklahoma of course but they have a special team and even kits for fixing the aircraft. After an investigation they determened that the damage which was on the tail section of the aircrafts was indeed caused by the earthquakes. Which is good news because the insurance will cover the expence of the damages.
Post a Comment