Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our little squeaky toy

Our little squeaky toy is 1 month old as of yesterday! He's getting to be more and more alert every day and his smiles are starting to come on a regular basis! Of course, he's definitely not as little as he used to be. 3 weeks ago he weighed 8lb 13oz. I wouldn't be surprised if he weighed 10 lb when we go to the doctor tomorrow!
He definitely keeps me busy. He sleeps from about 11pm to around 4 am each night, but the rest of the day is fair game! Fortunately, I've learned that we can each get a good nap in the morning if I feed him and then we curl up on the couch together. It's so nice!
His favorite pastime? Eating! So, that's where the majority of my time is spent. I'd feel like a couch potato, but I weigh less now than I have in years! I just went back to Curves yesterday, so, unfortunately, some of that weightloss is muscle :(.
Orrin is fascinated with Elijah! When we're at Mom's and Dad's house on Sundays he is always close by. The first time we went over there, Orrin was disappointed that Elijah was not quite ready to share toys with him yet. We think they'll be good buddies!
We love all of you!

3 comments:

Andrew said...

And I get to meet him this weekend!!!!! Glad you are enjoying him, "mom"!!!!! :)

April Dawn said...

what do you mean, this weekend? I thought you were coming next weekend. That's when we're doing the blessing.

Went to the doctor today: 22 3/4 inches (75th percentile), head 15 1/4 (50th percentile), 11 pounds 4 ounces (80th percentile).

In Jeremy's words - big boy!

Ami said...

Cute! One day I'll have to check him out!