Sunday, April 17, 2011

Welcome, Elijah!

Congratulations to April and Jeremy! Elijah is here at last! We've been standing around with our coats and shoes on eating bitter herbs while we waited for him to come. I'm sure it won't be long before he's working miracles of one sort or another. Speaking of new additions, Caleb and I took a new gun to the range yesterday and had lots of fun. I got multiple hits on a human-sized target at 300 yards. The other details are a secret, but I'm hoping to bring it out this summer. Guess we all have our babies. No doubt Elijah is more expensive ...and wonderfuller.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Cute references, Derek! As I was taking notes in church today on the talks I made wrote a comment at the top of the page: "Elijah is on the way!" Later I wondered what someone might think reading it sometime later. Something like "duh..."

Really looking forward to meeting our little guy in person. Maybe tomorrow. We will see.

Andrew said...

Nice setup, Derek!!! Maybe I'll have to see your baby. :)

But it'll be fun to see the new arrival that lives, too!!

Christopher said...

So, Derek's "baby" can "reach out and touch someone" at 300 yards? I'm guessing a high-powered rifle with a scope. Perhaps a 30-06? 308?
Going hunting any time soon?

Anonymous said...

No scope. But I'm naming it "Maher shalal hash baz" (Isaiah 8:1 and footnote). Another translation is "destruction is imminent."

Jeremy said...

Nameing your rifle. Now that is something I havn't heard sence being in the Marines...