I guess I just fit right in! So, in the back of my classroom, I have two tables pushed together. Seeing as I do not keep a seating chart, this is the most coveted place in the room. People often race to get there first (unless they're scared of the people who normally sit there).
In one class, there are three somewhat less focused boys who have begun to consider this spot their "suburban". Today, two of these boys pushed their half of the "suburban" to the front of the room while the third had his back turned. Once he saw what happened he yelled something along the lines of "Hold up! What'd ya'll do to my suburban?!"
"We cut it in half! We got the back so we're mobile!"
"Well, I got the part with the engine, so I hope you got a horse or somethin'!"
"Why don't you just start up your half and join us up here?"
"I can't! You have the gas tank!"
One in front looks at his cohort - "do we have a gas can around here?" and receives my tape dispenser from said cohort. He walks to the back and pretends to poor gasoline into the "front half" while the one who had been left behind asks, "where are you pourin' that? The gas tank's in your half!"
"Huh uh! I changed it just now!"
When later asked how they steer their suburban, the one who had been left behind responded that they don't steer. They just drive by thinking. "But seein' as how these two don't think so good, we don't get all that far."
I know what you're thinking -- "April, what were you doing? You're supposed to be the teacher!" But don't worry, I got them right back to work after I enjoyed the show! I have the best job ever!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I enjoyed just hearing about the show. We need to make a movie about your class. We'll call it "Strange Minds" the sequel to "Dangerous Minds" But your movie will be more of a comedy than a drama.
That is hilarious. Do you think they practiced it? Almost makes me want to a be a teacher. Almost.
Ah, c'mon, Ami! Join us, you know you want to. Everyone is doing it--well, okay only half of us (myself, Derek and April) but that's close enough.
It can be amusing and it can be frightening. Other times you're pulling your hair out because you really can't believe they are so thick/dense as they appear to be...
Post a Comment