Saturday, August 14, 2010

My non-vacation :)

Well, to tide us over until others have the time to tell us about their vacations - I will tell you about my non-vacation! It was actually a couple months ago!

In May I had tried to register for this really neat class offered by Oklahoma's InvestEd program in June. But I was placed on the waiting list. Sad. About four days before the class I received a call offering me the place of someone who had canceled. I'm no dummy! I took it! She sounded surprised to hear me answer so quickly. :)So, early Tuesday morning, I headed for Norman - to the National Center for Employee Development. That's a super nice facility! They were training us to teach our students about investing. In the process, I learned quite a bit myself! Our meals were provided by the on-campus hotel (run by Marriott) - a yummy buffet!

They also housed us there overnight! I loved having an overnight break from my norm! But, Dad, you would be proud! I did not just stay in my hotel room all evening. I walked Norman's Legacy Trail! It's about four blocks long and includes bits of Norman's history. How did I not remember that James Garner was from Norman? I got a few fun pictures.
The next day we had more training followed by a nice check! I love being a teacher! They pay us to take classes now! When they sent us home in the middle of rush hour, I decided to spend a little time at Chris's family's favorite store - Hastings.

My drive home was then smooth sailing! I got a few pictures of a beautiful sunset!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hey! That sounds and looks like fun even the classes part! Hurray for not staying in the hotel for down time. Getting paid for taking classes is nice since you don't get paid for all the extras teachers are expected to do.