We certainly did today. Being downtown with some designated oneway streets, it can be a bit confusing at first--but I think some of you already new that.
The grounds are beautiful. Phelan liked the koi in the canals and some were large enough to feed a family!
The most poignant part for me was definitely the Long Barracks as I was reminded that was the location of the last and most bitter fighting of the Alamo.
Now we are relaxing in our Best Western room on S. Laredo St. Once again, another hotel chain told us we were too large for one room--Comfort Inn & Suites--and then asked me if I still wanted to know the rate. My response? "Well, it wouldn't do much good, now would it!?"
We still have the Riverwalk tour and the zoo to get to in the next two days and we are eager.
Love you all! I'm signing off for now.
Christopher
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah, come on Chris!!! You're an Okie!!! Use "ya'll" like you're supposed to!!! Not "you all," sheesh!!
Glad ya'll are having fun!!! See ya'll on Saturday!!!!!
Side note for Chris and Jeremy! Heroscapers post!!! I'm good!!!! :)
I remember the Alamo! I also remember the riverwalk tour - and the smurf village! Pretty sure I have pictures from the zoo!
Post a Comment