Saturday, May 22, 2010

HelmZar Challenge Course

I promised Andrew this post over a week ago - sorry Andrew. Two weeks ago, we took the entire school (secretaries and all) to the HelmZar Challenge Course in Tulsa. It was donated to Tulsa Public Schools by Helmrich and Zarro. They did a few team building activities and then we climbed! We were two stories up! And let me tell you, it was a windy day - a very windy day (like gusts up to 30mph). Fortunately, they had us all harnessed. I was up there for almost two hours. I was pretty scared but my job was to encourage and support our students. Some of them were terrified - the last thing they needed to see was fear in a teacher's eyes. Everyone survived and everyone was a little better for having done it. Here are some fun pics!

8 comments:

Ami said...

That's amazing!! What a neat thing to get to do!

Andrew said...

I was wondering when you would post!!! :)

Jeremy said...

Wow! I want to go play on those monkey bars! :)

Mom said...

WOW, April! I did not imagine that sort of thing when you described your trip. Awesome to do it with your students and WITHOUT fear in your eyes! Proud of you. I have not heard about this place before.

Erin said...

That's awesome! Looks like tons of fun! I did one in highschool but it didn't look that elaborate!

April Dawn said...

I forgot to mention: that big blue course I was on is just one of six courses they have there! It's amazing!

Christopher said...

Oh wow! Ian and AJ would love that place--Logan might be reluctant, but the other two have really loved ziplines. They had some initial nervousness to get over, but loved it after the fact.

April Dawn said...

I also forgot to mention that when we were leaving, a few of the people in charge were telling our teachers that our group was the best they've ever had as far as listening and encouraging each other goes.