I know in our family that we've shared in loss, but i just wanted to share this with you as I knew several members of this family. I met a few members of this family three weeks before this tragedy, the father and two of the sons, I also know the daughter. This family is a wonderful family. Prior to this incident, this family had already said goodbye to one daughter in this life.
This incident occurred five years ago, on October 16, 2004. The ONLY working smoke detector managed to save one life, but because the others weren't working, a father, mother, and three of their boys died.
This is a clip put together by the news stations that attended the memorial dedication:
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-story-family-olathe-fire-memorial-101709,0,1247685.story
Or here is the the article that a newspaper reporter put together after attending the dedication:
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1513753.html
In the video, you saw some words, but in the article, the reporter said a little of what Kami said about smoke detectors, here is what she said during the ceremony. "Please test your smoke detectors every month. Replace the battery every six months, and replace the smoke detector every 12 years."
Please take care of your smoke detectors, so they take care of you!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks Andrew. We have not checked ours in awhile.
Thanks Andrew. I am glad that you got to be a part of this event this weekend. It is a tragic thing to think that all of the family could have been saved if the alarms had been working. We are checking out ours which likely need to be replaced.
Thank you Andrew... I'm going to check ours as well.
Post a Comment