A couple of weeks ago, I had a student confess to me that he had left his phone on the day before. When he sat down, his pocket apparently called his mother, and she listened to the entire class. I was a little concerned because that class is extremely crazy so I couldn't be sure what she might have heard.
Well, she came to parent teacher conferences last night. At our school, we all sit in on the same conference (there are only 10 of us including the principle and counselor). She told everybody else the story! But she also told us that all of the kids she heard over the phone were at her house that night, and she brought up everything that she had overheard - there were several deer in her headlights.
After everyone finally managed to stop laughing, we went around the table with every teacher telling her how her son is doing in their class. When it came to me, I introduced myself and she immediately said, "you're a great teacher by the way!" I laughed and said thank you. One of the other teachers said, "I'm so glad it was your class and not anyone else's!" You gotta love alternative education!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a blast!!! :)
guess you better be careful what you say, right? It is always to get positive feedback on the things we are trying to accomplish. Good job.
Post a Comment