Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween in BA













We are at the end of one of the Grandkids' most favorite holidays. I can't say that I don't like it because I enjoy seeing the costumes, especially the original type. Those are the ones that win contests. You'd think the people at work would get that idea since I have won now two times straight. (There was no contest last year) So I came away with the $50 gift card again. When I arrived at work Thursday after climbing the 13 sets of stairs I was huffing and puffing as I headed for my office. One of the clerks heard me as I passed her cube. She turned to look and jumped at least two inches off her chair. It was dark going to work so nobody saw me. Going home was a disappointment because nobody looked at me.

Nancy suggested I put it on tonight for Chris' kids to see so she did the makeup again and I went to April and Jeremys to deliver goodies. I stopped at Walmart to get milk and walked the length of the store twice and got no responses. I guess there are too many weirdos out there so I wasn't unususal. Went by a family I home teach and nobody was home.

We don't get many trick or treaters, just one neighbor kid and a family from the ward from down the street. Orin wasn't sure what to make of me. By the way, he wore the Yoda costume Nancy made for Andrew years ago.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Well, I guess we could say it was an Eyore finish to Halloween this year. Kids have other things to do these days/nights. Anyway it was fun decorating the family room and the porch. Chris and Shar and the boys brought their "Jack-O" over for us to enjoy as well as their various creatures and characters. Chris was in his 49ers jersey. They will need to share their costumes since the pics are on their camera. Orin was so cute and smart about his Papa's awful face...he just would not look at him after the first time.

Mom said...

Oh, by way of disclaimer, Dad's makeup was much better for his office contest. That is the full view photo.

Erin said...

Creepy. The kids had a hard time believing that was Papa. Cute little Yoda-can he take down a vampire?

Jeremy said...

Lol I had a hard time believing it was Gary as well!