Last Saturday was one of my normal work Saturdays where I plan to get more done than is possible and while I do things I see other things to get done and get side tracked and -- well you know how it goes.
The annual adult formal dance was that night and I had considered taking Ami since Nancy wasn't up for that sort of thing but had let it go. About the time I was ready to quit working and collapse for the Day Ami comes out to see if I want to take her to the prom. I decided to do it anyway since we hadn't had a time out since-----a week ago. So I put on my Tux shirt and white jacket and she wore her little black dress. We had a super time dancing and were even doing the Lindy to one that was way too fast for the Lindy and it went on and on and on but we stuck it out. After being there 2 hours and deciding I was about dead they were announcing the King and Queen of the Prom ----and it was us!!! Shock! Ami got roses her favorite color and we wore sashes that the letters were falling off of. But it was a super night. Ami said she didn't know I could dance!!
4 comments:
I knew he could dance! Just not THAT well. Man he was a "dancin' fool"!!
Long live the King and Queen!
You know Derek often said that about me (at the Stake Dances when we were a lot younger), Ami but I'm certain it wasn't meant in a flattering way...
But I had a LOT of fun!
Thanks Ami for taking my date to the prom! You both looked great in your fancy duds. Glad you had fun. Magical?
Post a Comment