Sunday, February 15, 2009

Catching Up

I've been away from the blog for awhile and never did respond to Chris' birthday well-wishing. You asked about my day, so here's the low down.

First, much of the country took the day off for my birthday, as it was a federal holiday. I got to sleep in a little. (Family would probably have let me sleep in a lot, but I'm just not programed to do that.) Spent part of the morning polishing off some projects around the house. Then we had lunch and went outside. Maggie has recently mastered bike riding (just wasn't that interested before now), so we practiced at that for a while. A year ago, I found a pair of RC boats on sale. We decided it was time to try them out. So we raced boats in the pool and then lazed around poolside in the sun, pretending it was warm enough to swim and that we just didn't want to exert ourselves. Then, we ate an early dinner and watched Superman (the movie) with the kids. They loved it. All in all, a great day. Great weather, great people, etc. Also, Erin says I'm aging well. (Probably on account of she's stuck with me and might as well say nice things.) The best thing about my birthday was my birthday dinner on Sunday. (Brenda came!)

3 comments:

April Dawn said...

That sounds like a great birthday!

Mom said...

Home, family, fun, food, and an appreciation for all of them. What more do we need for a great day---birthday or any day?!

Love you tons---every day!

Christopher said...

Sounds like a very nice birthday indeed. No work at all always indicates a good birthday! Just eat and party with family--that's the way to celebrate.
We've shown "Superman" to ours as well and they loved it too.