This is the last straw for me.
http://cdn.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/category?blogid=14&cat=1308
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Blamires family blog! "Normal is relative-- Too bad my relatives aren't normal!"
10 comments:
I clicked on this link and there is nothing that I found about Steve Young. Please fill me in.
He's supporting his wife if her fight for equality of marriage and refusing to take a stand of his own in either direction. What do you mean there's nothing about Steve Young?
His personal residence is plastered with "No on 8" signs. His wife has said the family opposes the proposition (and gave $50,000 to oppose a measure the Church supports). In an interview he essentially said that he loves and supports the leaders of the Church, "but..."
President Packer: "If you want to follow the Brethren, follow them to the polls and vote to support marriage."
Well... apparently it's passing in spite of those efforts. It's disappointing to see that, especially with someone that represents the church in the public eye. I guess a position like that makes it easier to put the "buts" in your faithfulness.
We've recently devised an Arizona Blamires family motto: "Blamires do it because it's right." But "No 'buts' in our faithfulness" is a pretty strong candidate! Nice work Ami. We're excited to see that the Florida measure has also carried.
Sad state of affairs for him. Interesting to see what happens next. what's that comment about openmindness----I was so openminded that my testimony fell out. Anyway, I'm happy to see your comments and proud of your lack of "buts"!
It is of course the 'easy way out' for Steve but she did clarify his stand...kind of:direct quote per Barbara: Steve prefers not to get involved politically on any issue no matter what the cause and therefore makes no endorsement."
He did not endorse it, BUT, he sure didn't make that clear--probably just to 'keep the peace' in the family. We have family just like that, don't we Mom?
Problem is, he took no stand, which most people (me, anyway) will interpret as tacit opposition to the measure. Silence is golden, ...except when it's yellow. I think of the Savior's warnings against being 'lukewarm' and feel that now more than ever the Church can ill afford its members camping comfortably between the world and the kingdom of God.
New family motto, Derek? Sounds good to me. The "golden...yellow", I mean. About keeping the peace tho Chris, I don't think there is any problem with this issue.
People are saying that it's going to be interesting with the new president in charge. I hope "interesting" is the worst we will be saying in the near future, and I wonder who is really going to be in charge.
It's sad that they would take a stand on the other side. I pray that they will relize the thing they have done and hopefull come back to the truth. Equality for all doesn't mean we should allow others to walk all over us. We should take a STAND for what we know to be right. Our Presidencey has told us the importance of protecting the family and Gay Married is an attack! Jeremy
Post a Comment