Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ecclesiastes 3:1

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"...

What a happy day yesterday for April and Jeremy!
Everything was beautiful, especially the bride.

As there are times for happiness and rejoicing, the opposite feelings can occur as we well know.

Before the reception, I received a phone call from my brother, Mike. He told me about my mom's situation and that he was heading over and would call me for her. As we were preparing for the reception I received my awaited call. "Hi, Mom", "Hi, Shar"...I told her that April and Jeremy were married. She said, "Oh, good..", "Tell her, Congratulations."
I asked her how she was, "I think I am going to die...going off the medicine...would like to go home to Mike's Thursday or Friday..." I asked her how her spirit was (her testimony is good, she is not feeling discouraged), "Heavenly Father looks after me"..."I wanted to say goodbye before I go La La La." She talked to Chris to say hi. He told her she was a wonderful person, we love you, it's not goodbye- it's see you later...I told her I love you and she said love you back.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad you were able to speak with your mom. I know it must have been hard to celebrate during the reception with so many other emotions going on. We'll be praying for you and your family.

I really enjoyed our car time on Saturday.

Mom said...

I sometimes go a long time between blog visits these days, Shar. I am glad you have had these chances to talk with your mom. She really is a special spirit and I am sure there are lots of others waiting anxiously on the other side for her to return to them and will be welcoming her with all the love that you will be saying goodbye to her with.