Thursday, December 11, 2008

Two Weeks Until Christmas!

Yea! It's that magical time of year when folks are usually happier and kinder than the rest of the year. Too bad it cannot be permanent, I am certain that would make the one we celebrate happier. But, we can decide to be like Him rather than everybody else, which is of course the point.
I hope everyone is reading Christmas stories and listening to Christmas music as this time goes much too quickly, in my opinion. Enjoy it, bask in it. Relish it! Watch Christmas specials--some my favs are the Christmas episodes of "Life with Louie" and "The Tick". I know, not traditional, but fun!
Now, I get the opportunity to share a favorite Christmas story at our Ward Christmas party on Saturday. Of course, it will be "Stubby Pringle's Christmas" and if you have never heard it or read it, you are missing out. Here is a link to it, if you need one: http://www.dailyspeculations.com/laurel/stubby_pringle.html
I shall thoroughly enjoy it, even if no one else does. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Looking forward to it! Glad you got to do it. I love the alliteration. Your dad first read it to me many Christmases ago and I've loved it ever since. Enjoy.

Mom said...

Chris, you did a fine job of recreating Stubby Pringle! It was very well done. Only suggestion for future performances is that it be just for older "kids" so we could hear it better. Very glad you had the mike. Thanks!

I see theatrical adventures in your future!!