Monday, August 25, 2008
Better Seen Than Heard
Ian got sick and threw up on his way out of the chapel during sacrament meeting. His parents didn't know he was feeling so bad. Chris asked him why he didn't tell them and Ian's response was "It surprised me too!" Turned out he did have a fever and kind of sore throat. There was a neat thing which happened along with the incident though...hmmmm...maybe "neat" is the wrong word. Chris jumped up to help Ian and Shar went out to see what she could do and before they even got out of the room three guys who also have young kids jumped up and hurried to get paper towels and cleaning solution and nearly had it cleaned up by the time Chris and Shar came back just a few minutes later. By the time we knew what had happened It was all being taken care of. I heard Chris thanking them after the meeting and their comments were just things like "glad I could help out." One fellow was brand new to the ward and is a physicians assistant. Others were just dads helping another dad. It was nice. I don't think they heard much of the talk being given by the high councilman tho. It was on Charity and Service. I think the lesson was better taught in the aisle than from the pulpit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like the lesson got taught the Lord's way!!
I think you are exactly right.
There were four of them: Brother Blockenicky (sp?), Bro. McGuire and Bro. May all popped up to help clean the mess. Brother Summerhill was in the bathroom watching Ian until I got there (and cleaned up the mess in there). It was definitely a fine example of Charity in action.
A large number of the congregation did not know it had even happened.
More than you might think, Chris.
Everyone behind you and many in the cultural hall noticed what was going on. It was a good lesson. Sorry Ian was sick though!
Yes, but I was referring to those in front of the event. They had no clue, unless they were immediately nearby.
I didn't even notice untill I looked over my shoulder... Jeremy
Post a Comment