Sunday, July 13, 2008

Years, Mines, and Hours

Well yesterday was our final activity for the ward! We went up to a ghost mining town about 1.5 hours Northwest of here. It was really need! It was a lead mining community from the 1920's with lots of buildings still in tact. Some were still furnished with old stoves and shreds of wallpaper and lenoleum (sp?) on the walls and floors.



After exploring the buildings, we actually went down into one of the mine shafts. It was like a movie... cold, dark, drippy... really cool! (No pictures of that... too dark for cameras.)


Then we went further up the mountain to a little glacier lake called Meadow Lake. It was beautiful! The weather was perfect and we had a picnic and threw snowballs into the lake.



It was actually a nice little break from finals. Too bad only four of us went.. with the bishop and ward clerk. :o) More food and car room for us!

8 comments:

Ami said...

I'm actually standing in the snow in that last one...

Andrew said...

I'm glad to hear that you had fun!!!!

Christopher said...

Those kinds of outings are the thing I miss about Rexburg. I loved Island Park--got to go canoeing through there with my Field Biology class(that was a great class!).

April Dawn said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I could have gone with you!

Brenda said...

Brigham's jealous. He is dying for some snow!

Mom said...

Sounds great to me too! Wish we had time for such a trip while we are out there!

Ami said...

Someone told me I might as well ditch work on Saturday and head to Jackson with you guys. It's true... they don't pay enough to pull that.

Mom said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL.LOGAN