Last night I had an interesting opportunity. The EQ president asked me to go to Idaho Falls for dinner and a movie with him. He came to pick me up in a Jeep... with the top down. The two boys sat in the front and put the two ladies in the back... with the wind. It was a pretty warm night, so naturally I didn't think I would need a jacket. Clearly I was mistaken. It was freezing. Problem #2: I had no hair tie. By the time we got to Idaho Falls, I was frozen and looking much like a mangy sasquatch. My face hurt from the hair whipping me for 35 minutes.
I left out the best part!! As we were pulling out of the parking lot, a car full of five girls pulled up behind us ready to follow us to Idaho Falls. Oh yes! They had invited five other girls in addition to the two of us.
We get to Idaho Falls and the car full of girls goes to a restaurant to make reservations while we go to the theatre to check movie times. Two options: 9:00 or 10:00. (Side note: curfew is at 12:00 and the drive is about 35 minutes.) The restaurant they wanted to go to had a waiting time of 50 minutes... so they decided on the 10:00 showing. (The other guy and I tried to convince everyone that we might as well just grab fast food and see the 9:00 show, but nobody was going for it. By the time they got their food I'm sure they didn't have long to eat it.)
Long story slighty shorter: My amazing roommate came to get me and end the awkward night. I had him drop me off at the mall where I wandered until she came.
So apparently the social dynamic up here inspires boys to get as many girls as possible each night, and disrespect them to the point that they are physically uncomfortable and feel as unimportant as possible. Why am I not impressed?!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
With those nimcompoops you shouldn't be at all, ever. I'm glad you aren't impressed and I'm sorry for the miss treatment!! Love Ya!!!
Andrew said it all. Makes me wonder who raises these kinds of people. Where did they grow up? Obviously they haven't yet. Glad you have a great roommate and sense not to hang out with a whole car or rather two car loads of social misfits. Love you.
Stupid, stupid boys. These are the sort that probably have the brethren secretly worried--not that the next generation will fail the Church--but whether a next generation will even occur.
-Derek
Post a Comment